Hello hustlers, I hope you all are doing well. In this blog post, I will gonna discuss, how to create an AdSense account and how to get AdSense approval if you are submitting a website.
We all know Google AdSense is one of the best Ad Networks available in the market. I know many content creators who are earning a chunk just through AdSense. Hence It becomes obvious for a lot of you to have an AdSense account and want to monetize your website or YouTube or App through AdSense.
Before getting into the account creation process, first let’s discuss, what are the requirements to get the approval for AdSense if you are submitting a website.
How To Get AdSense Approval? AdSense Terms & Conditions And Policies
There are some terms and conditions which your website must follow, to get the approval for AdSense.
These terms & conditions vary from content on the website to the technical aspects of your website.
Let’s quickly cover all the necessary points, which you should know before signing up for the AdSense program
Note: Here we will not discuss YouTube channel AdSense approval requirements.
- A website should have good hosting and a TLD (Top Level Domain) extensions like ‘.com’, ‘.co’, .org or country-level domain extensions like ‘.in’, ‘.au’, etc.
- Website should have unique content, and should not be a copycat of another website.
- Website should not contain copyright items like other’s content, copyright image or videos, or copyright documents.
- Website content should comply with the Google content policies, which simply says, your website should not have misleading content, adult content, hateful content, etc.
- Website should not be indulged or promote illegal activities like spamming activities, illegal sale & purchase, etc.
- Website should not attract unwanted traffic, like traffic from porn or adult websites, illegally paid traffic. (Here I am not referring to Social Media or Google and any other type of legal paid advertisement traffic)
- Website should have clear navigation. The website should not contain any page form where users can’t navigate to other pages or return back to the home page.
- Website should be SEO friendly.
- Website should have all the necessary pages, such as a Contact, About, Sitemap, Disclaimer, Terms & Conditions, Privacy & Policy, etc.
- Website should have enough content, you can’t get approval or a single-page website. If you have a blog website, consider publishing more than 15 blogs of 1200 words each.
- Domain and website should be old, there is no fixed timeline for it, but consider your website should be older than 4-6 months.
Note: AdSense does allow third-party Ad Networks but at the time of AdSense approval, try to remove those ads on a temporary basis and restored them after the AdSense approval.
To learn more visit: AdSense Online Terms of Service
How To Create An AdSense Account?
It is pretty easy to create an AdSense account, just follow the steps below. If you have a YouTube channel
First, go to the Google AdSense website.
Click on the ‘SIGN UP NOW’ button.
After that, you will land on this page.
Here add the URL of your website. If you have a Google-hosted website like Blogger or Youtube Channel, in that case, put the URL for that.
In the email, ID section put your Gmail ID which already doesn’t have any association with AdSense. In the “Get helpful AdSense info at that email address” choose yes.
After doing all this, just click on the ‘Save And Continue’ button.
After that, you will land on this page, here you just have to choose your country and accepts the Terms and Conditions of AdSense, after that just click on the ‘Create Account’ button
After doing all the above formalities you will finally land on to AdSense dashboard.
Before continuing you need to confirm your Gmail, you will receive an email from Google, on the email ID that you had provided. In that just click on ‘Get activated’.
After doing your verification, you will land on your AdSense home page. Here you need to fill out some further details.
Before that here is a note for you.
Do not add the details which you already had provided in the past to Google AdSense, as AdSense does not allow one person to have multiple accounts If then also you try to do so, Google AdSense will reject your application by sending this mail.
Also if you sign-in to your submitted AdSense account you will see an error.
Hence, if you want to have multiple AdSense account checkout our blog post over ‘how to have multiple AdSense accounts’
With that said, just fill out the details asked by the AdSense, Name, Address, Phone No, etc.
After completing the form, you will be asked to connect your website to AdSense.
Note: This step is not for YouTube Channel or for Blogger.
Here you will get a code, just copy that code and paste it to your website head tag (<head>code</head>).
If you have a WordPress website, it is pretty easy to add such code, just check out this video to learn more.
After you had added your code, return back to the AdSense dashboard and tick mark ‘I’ve pasted the code into my site’ and then click on the ‘Done’ button.
Google will check the code on your website and it found the code, you will see this popup.
If you got any error, retry to add the code to the website.
It usually takes 7 to 20 days to get approval, hence be patent with that and regularly check your Gmail.
After you get the approval you will receive such mail.
With that, just log in to your AdSense, and now you can assess all the different panels in your AdSense.
In this blog, we had discussed how to create an AdSense account and what are the requirements to get AdSense approval. Just keep in mind before applying to Google AdSense, that your website should comply with all the Google Adsense policies and terms and conditions.
Other than that it is pretty easy to create an AdSense account. Just try not to create multiple AdSense accounts, if you do want to have multiple AdSense accounts check out our blog post on ‘How To Have Multiple AdSense Accounts And How To Maintain Them’. In this blog, I had also discussed what are the pros and cons of having a single vs multiple AdSense accounts.
I hope you enjoyed this blog, let me know your feedback in the comment box below.
Till then, keep learning…
Suraj Mishra is a Digital Marketer, Brand Consultant, Blogger, founder of Genrk, and owner of this website. He always has a motive for sharing what he knows. Through these blogs he tries to help entrepreneurs, letting them know all the things that are needed to grow business online in this digital era.